Monday, 16 May 2011

Self Portrait

It's been way too long I've posted something here... This is 'me', well what I show anyway ;-)

Trying to do a self-portrait... For portraits, I like the style Stephan Vanfleteren works with, so I wanted to go for something High contrast black and white with my lens wide open...(http://www.stephanvanfleteren.com/)

First problem: focus. The thing focussed on the cupboard. Of course, there was nobody there. -> manual focus on a vase.
Focus is better, but the crop is no good...
Focus ok, stupid pose...Not too bad, but a bit out of focus and too overexposed for my taste. Hides the wrinkles, though...Trying a low-contrast B&W but that's more a watermark than a photo :-)Auto editing can be cool, this is 'vintage'.
and the final version:


3 comments:

  1. The third photo from above I like best.
    I don't think it is a stupid pose, but a good honest portrait.The last one with the eyes closed is a good photo, but I would have liked the eyes open.Thank you for letting us see the process of your portrait.Astrid Faber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure you came across as serious enough in your pictures ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don' think i can come across more seriously as i am anyway ;) i'm glad to see you're still following this one Scott! hope you're allright!

    ReplyDelete